This is serious talk!!
So just scrolling down my Facebook page, which is sometimes boring, anyways not the point. So I am scrolling and I come across a video on Child Abuse. Honestly this video was so so touching, it made me sit down and do some research about Child Abuse and what I found out was just really sad. Child Abuse happens to A LOT of people, and some of those who are fortunate to survive are still haunted by this horrible act.
Hearing Child Abuse what comes to our minds sometimes is just Sexual Abuse, do not get me wrong sexual abuse is very important but Child Abuse goes beyond that, It is Malnutrition, Mental Assault, Neglect, Physical Abuse and Sexual Abuse.
We must understand that Children are people too, they deserved to be defended and their voices heard. I cannot say I can imagine what those who have been abused feel, I cannot everyone has their own unique terrible experience. I have seen teenagers whose mother’s would rather buy Designer products than be concerned about their child’s battle with cancer. I have seen children raped by their uncles and aunties. There are also those who have been turned to a punching bag to both parents.
These are just a few of the horrible things I discovered;
- About 40 million children world-wide suffer abuse every year
- 1,500 children die in the US annually from abuse
- Most children are victims of neglect at 18 months or younger
- 1 out of 3 girls ,1 out of 5 boys will sexually be abused before they reach the age of 18
- 90% of child sexual abuse victims know their perpetrators in some way. 68% are abused by a family member.sources;
It is just too pathetic that most cases involve those who supposedly love us and care about it. It makes me so sick. This horrible action needs to stop or at least be prevented. But most importantly to every child that has been violated this is for you;
- You are beautiful and loved
- It is not your fault, never is and never will be
- You need to tell someone
- Fight…you have a say concerning your life, Fight and get soldiers to fight with you
- Do not blame yourself or anything about yourself
- Do not make excuses for your abuser
Please help me spread the message and save a child, the world needs to know about this.
If you have or know someone who has been maltreated as a minor resulting in variety of harmful damage please contact a help organisation as soon as possible
NATIONAL CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE
photo credit : driverlayer.com